There are many valuable moments in daily chats with friends and loved ones you want to capture. Facebook lets you make free audio and video calls with your friends from their website. If you prefer making video calls on your computer here is the guide on how to start recording your messenger calls easily.
Before starting recording:
Prepare your computer before recording to avoid re-recording and save editing time. The truth is video calls aren’t always high quality. They get impacted by a lot of different factors including how smooth and fast your system is running, your internet connection, and your microphone and camera quality.
Before you hit record, there are a few simple steps you should take:
- First, be mindful that it takes a lot of computer processing power to record video calls with Callnote. To get the best results, turn off any unneeded application. It will help with the overall performance of your machine.
- Secondly, make sure all notifications are turned off.
- Make sure your system audio gets recorded. Built-in mics work well for having a conversation, but they’ll disappoint in a recording. Consider using an external USB headset or microphone. If you have an external webcam, it may have a microphone built into it that will provide good enough audio.
- Launch Callnote and adjust the settings in Recording Options -> Facebook tab.
Record Facebook messenger:
After you’ve adjusted the settings for the screen recording session, you can start a video call on join one on Facebook. We would recommend you to use Chrome or Firefox browser to access to either Facebook’s desktop website or their messaging app called Messenger.
- Start the call and then simply hit the Record button on the appeared Callnote widget to start capturing audio, video, and pictures from the screen. Callnote records your screen as you see it during the call. Pause or stop recording at any moment by clicking on the appropriate buttons. Callnote doesn’t have any recording time limitation, at the same time please mind that with pressing the Stop/Start button the recording will resume with the new file saved in your Library.
- Once the recording is complete, the audio and video files are saved in Callnote Library. So the call can be edited, saved, forwarded or transcribed. Recorded audios are saved as mp3 files, and videos are saved as mp4, which would be easy to playback on any video player.
- In-built audio and video editors offer cutting and trimming tools, as well as a rich selection of annotations.
- A wide range of integrated Clouds makes it easy to export the recording, send it to your friend with email or post it on your YouTube channel. Go to Sharing Options Tab to set up the forwarding.
- In-built automated transcription service allows transcribing your audio file to text in just a few minutes. Generated texts can be used as captions while posting the recorded video on Facebook.
- Try also our emotion recognition tool which can detect smiles, surprise, dislike, attention, and drowsiness. So, you can see the conversation emotional results displayed in graphical format.
Callnote is your best way to capture Facebook Messenger video calls on Mac and Windows desktops. Try it today with our Regular free package or upgrade to Premium or Pro to get access to HD recordings, editing, and transcription features.