Zoom is a great tool for video conferencing, group chats and business collaboration. By default, only the host can initiate recording in Zoom. If another participant would like to record, the host will need to provide permission to that participant during the meeting.
Now with Callnote video recorder you can capture Zoom meeting you’re attending even without the host’s permission or acknowledgment. Callnote records both audio (in mp3 format), video (in mp4 format) streams, as well as instant messages in a conference, to retain a record for future purposes. Callnote records your screen as you see it during the meeting.
How to Record a Zoom Meeting?
1. Before the meeting:
Prepare your computer before recording to avoid re-recording and save editing time. The truth is video calls aren’t always high quality. They get impacted by a lot of different factors including how smooth and fast your system is running, your internet connection, and your microphone and camera quality.
Before you hit record, there are a few simple steps you should take:
- First, be mindful that it takes a lot of computer processing power to record video calls and run Zoom at the same time. To get the best results, turn off any unneeded application. It will help with the overall performance of your machine.
- Secondly, make sure all notifications are turned off.
- Make sure your system audio gets recorded. Check your computer audio settings: default input/output device should match the audio input/output device you’re going to use.
- Built-in mics work well for having a conversation, but they’ll disappoint in a recording. Consider using an external USB headset or microphone. If you have an external webcam, it may have a microphone built into it that will provide good enough audio.
- Make sure your guest’ s audio to be recorded as good as it can be. Consider recommending the other side of the conversation a mic or headset.
- Launch Callnote, go to Recording Options Tab -> Zoom, and select #Record video along with audio and #Always start recording (if you want to record Zoom calls automatically). *Callnote Pro users have an option to record video in high definition (this option should be selected in the Settings Tab).
2. On the Zoom call
You’re good to go, no other setup needed. Launch Zoom for desktop app, join in a conference, and interact as you normally do. Callnote recording widget will appear once the app detects an active Zoom meeting. If you didn’t select #Record automatically while setting up Callnote, you need to click the red Capture button on Callnote widget and start recording. A pause and stop buttons will then be shown when recording starts.
- Please keep in mind that the meeting screen should be active (above all other screens) during call recording. If you switch to another tab during the meeting Callnote will stop recording.
- Once you stop the recording, the captured Zoom meeting will be saved in your Callnote Library Tab and locally on your computer.
- If you want to export or save it on cloud storage you also have the options to do it. Go to Sharing Options Tab to set up the forwarding.
- If you need to edit the recording, go to Library Tab and select either audio or video editing option. This blog post guides you through Library options.
- If you need a text transcription of the recorded Zoom meeting go to Library Tab and select “Transcribe”.
Try Zoom recording with Callnote! Subscribe with Callnote Premium or Callnote Pro today!