There are many valuable moments in daily chats with friends and loved ones you want to capture. Facebook Messenger lets you make free audio and video calls with your friends from their website. Here is how to record messenger video calls on your laptop.
Before You Record a Messenger Video Call:
Prepare your computer before using the messenger video call recorder to avoid re-recording. Video calls are impacted by a lot of different factors. How smoothly your system is running, your internet connection, and your microphone and camera quality all affect how well you record Facebook messenger calls.
Before recording, taking the following steps will reduce outside disruptions.
- First, be mindful that it takes a lot of computer processing power to record video calls with third-party recorders. To get the best results, turn off any unneeded application. It will help with the overall performance of your machine.
- Secondly, make sure all notifications are turned off.
- Make sure your system audio gets recorded. Built-in mics work well for having a conversation, but they’ll disappoint in a recording. Consider using an external USB headset or microphone. If you have an external webcam, it may have a microphone built into it that will provide good enough audio. Make sure to check off the audio device you are using in the settings tab for optimal performance.
- Launch Callnote and adjust the settings in Recording Options -> Facebook tab. Make sure you have enable Facebook recording selected. Select the record video option if you wish to have both audio and video recorded.
How to Record Messenger Video Call:
After you’ve adjusted the settings for the screen recording session, you can start a video call or join one on Facebook. We recommend you use a Chrome or Firefox browser to access either Facebook’s desktop website or their messaging app called Messenger
- Start the Messenger call and simply hit the Record button on the Callnote widget. This will start capturing audio, video, and pictures from the screen as long as your settings above are calibrated.
- Callnote records your screen as you see it during the call. Pause or stop recording at any moment by clicking on the appropriate buttons. Callnote doesn’t have any recording time limitation, but keep in mind that with pressing the Stop/Start button the recording will resume with the new file saved in your Library.
- Once the recording is complete, the audio and video files are saved in the Callnote Library. Callnote records each side of the conversation as a separate audio track.
- Once in the library, the recording can be edited, forwarded, or transcribed. Recorded audio is saved as mp3 files, and videos are saved as mp4, which is easy to playback on any video player.
- The messenger video call recorder has built-in audio and video editors that offer cutting and trimming tools, as well as a rich selection of annotations.
- A wide range of integrated Clouds makes it easy to export the recording, send it to your friend with email or post it on your YouTube channel. Go to the Sharing Options Tab to set up the forwarding.
- In-built automated transcription service allows transcribing your audio file to text in just a few minutes. Generated texts can be used as captions while posting the recorded video on Facebook.
- Try out our emotion recognition tool which can detect smiles, surprise, dislike, attention, and drowsiness. So, you can see the conversation’s emotional results displayed in graphical format.
Callnote is your best way to record Facebook Messenger video calls on Mac and Windows desktops. Try it today with our Premium package or upgrade to Pro to get access to HD recordings, editing, and transcription features.