Callnote saves files on your hard drive. Once you’re done with creating, editing, and reviewing your recordings you may want to share them!
With Callnote you can instantly send your recorded content – video and audio files, chats and snaps, transcribed text, and subtitles through multiple connected Clouds and channels.
To set up automatic sharing:
- Open the app, go to the Sharing Options tab and select a destination. Callnote Premium users have the option to send their files to Dropbox, Evernote, YouTube, and Gmail. And Pro users have the full stack of options with OneDrive, Google Drive sharing available.
- If you choose Dropbox, for example, click on the Dropbox icon. Click Connect and your Dropbox account login page will be opened in the browser. Please sign in to Dropbox, return to Callnote and click OK to confirm a connection.
- Once you’re connected you can select:
- Upload your recordings automatically
- Confirm forwarding before sharing
- Select which types of files to share
The principle is the same for Evernote, YouTube, Google Drive, OneDrive, and email sharing.
Once you set up forwarding, please go to the Library tab to select the recording and click on one of the Sharing buttons.
Please note: Uploading files longer than 15 minutes might require updating your YouTube account.
In case you are having some issues with forwarding, we suggest:
- checking your privacy settings in the destination account,
- disconnecting and connecting the destination once again.
Tip: To find the call recording on your computer, select it in the Callnote library and click the directory button.
Questions? We’re here to help. Please feel free to reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.