Microsoft Teams brings great convenience to people all around the world allowing them to call, chat, meet and collaborate in one app.
Whether you’re a paid or a free Microsoft Teams user, using the MS Teams Room, or joining a one-on-one Teams meeting, you can record your voice and video calling with Callnote.
Callnote lets you capture audio, video, and screen-sharing activity by recording your Teams meeting. The recorded files are stored locally on your computer, so they would always be available for you to go back and revisit a topic, edit, share or transcribe.
Here is the step-by-step guide on how to start recording a Teams meeting.
BEFORE YOU RECORD TEAMS MEETING:
Before you hit record, there are a few simple steps you should take:
- First, the recording process needs plenty of computer processing power. We suggest you close all unused programs, making your PC run faster. This will help the Teams call recorder run more smoothly.
- Secondly, make sure your audio gets recorded. Built-in mics work well for having a conversation, but they’ll disappoint in a recording. Use a headset with a microphone, rather than a microphone built into the laptop. The laptop microphone and speakers are installed too close to each other, which usually causes echo and feedback. Consider using an external USB headset or microphone. Bluetooth headphones also work.
- Launch Callnote and adjust the settings in Recording Options -> Microsoft Teams tab. Make sure you have enable Teams recording selected. By default it records Teams meeting audio only, to record video you need to have the video option selected.
MAKING A MICROSOFT TEAMS RECORDING:
- After you’ve adjusted the settings for the recording session, you can host or join a call or a meeting in Microsoft Teams.
- Make sure you start the desktop app, Callnote will not work if joining through a weblink.
- To record a Teams meeting, once the meeting starts, simply hit the Record button on the Callnote widget and start capturing. During a video call, everyone’s audio, video, and shared desktops will be also recorded. Please note, Callnote records your screen as you see it during the call.
Tip: Callnote doesn’t have any recording time limitation, but your Premium license type would restrict you in the number of recordings made per month. If you need to skip recording for some time and don’t want to cut unnecessary parts, click pause during recording. In that case, you’ll have your conversation recorded as one file. By pressing the stop/start buttons the Teams call recorder will resume with the new file saved in your library.
Callnote provides a wide range of tools to create and share meeting notes.
- Once the meeting is over and the Microsoft Teams recording is complete, you can find the audio and video files saved in the Callnote library. Recorded audio is saved as mp3 files, and videos are saved as mp4, which is easy to playback on any video player.
Tip: Callnote records audio with multi-track recording, splitting the speakers onto separate tracks. If you need to listen to just one side of the conversation, select either author or participant file to playback.
- Stay organized by editing titles, adding participants’ names, notes, tags, and comments to your recordings.
Tip: To find the MS Teams call recording on your computer, select it in the Callnote library and click the directory button.
- In-built audio and video editors offer cutting and trimming tools, as well as a rich selection of annotations.
- A wide range of integrated Clouds makes it easy to export the recording, send it to your team by email or place it on your company Dropbox account.
Tip: Go to the sharing options tab to set up the forwarding and select the type of media you’d like to export.
- Initiate the automated transcription. A built-in automated transcription service allows transcribing your audio file to text in just a few minutes. Automatic transcription allows you to playback meetings and search for important discussion items in the transcript.
- Try also our emotion recognition tool which can detect smiles, surprise, dislike, attention, and drowsiness. So, you can see the conversation’s emotional results displayed in graphical format.
Callnote is your best way to capture Microsoft Teams video calls on Mac and Windows desktops.