WhatsApp does not provide users with a call recording option. However, Callnote lets you capture audio, video, and screen-sharing activity by recording your WhatsApp calls. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to record WhatsApp calls.
Before you record a WhatsApp video call, there are a few simple steps you should take:
- Prepare your computer before using Callnote WhatsApp call recorder to avoid poor quality. To get the best results, turn off any unneeded application. It will help with the overall performance of your computer. Make sure all notifications are turned off.
- Check out your audio input and output devices. Built-in mics can be disappointing in a recording. An external USB headset or microphone would work better.
- Start Callnote and go to the Recording Options -> WhatsApp tab to adjust the recording settings. Check off the audio device you are using in Callnote settings tab.
- Use WhatsApp for desktop version to start or join a call. When the WhatsApp call is running, Callnote recording widget will appear once the app detects the active meeting. Hit the Record button to start capturing audio and video as long as your settings as mentioned above are properly checked off.
- Callnote doesn’t have any recording time limitation, at the same time please mind that by pressing the Stop/Start button the recording will resume with a new file saved in your Library. Pause or stop recording at any moment by clicking on the appropriate buttons.
When you stop the recording, the captured WhatsApp call will be saved in Callnote Library and locally on your computer. You can find the files by clicking the directory button. Callnote records audio with multi-track recording, splitting the speakers onto separate tracks, and saved as mp3 files. Videos are saved as mp4, which is easy to playback on any video player.
Callnote offers some handy options to get the meeting recap. The call can be edited, saved, forwarded, and automatically transcribed. The WhatsApp video call recorder has a handy set of inbuilt editing tools to cut and trim audio and video, as well as a rich selection of annotations.
A wide range of integrated Clouds makes it easy to export the recording. You can save your WhatsApp conversations in Dropbox or Evernote with one click, instantly upload your video to the most popular cloud spaces, and share them on YouTube or with email. Set it up in the Callnote sharing options tab.
Convert your calls into text with inbuilt automated transcription service in just a few minutes. Generated subtitles could be added automatically to your videos.
Try out our AI-based facial expression detection tool to see the conversation’s emotional results displayed as graphs. PC only.