How to record a GoToMeeting session as a participant – a step-by-step guide. Don’t be limited by GoToMeeting own meeting recorder, with Callnote you can record, edit, share, and transcribe meetings you’re attending with ease.
Prepare your computer before using the GoToMeeting video call recorder to avoid sub-par quality. Before you use the GoToMeeting video call recorder, there are a few simple steps you should take:
- To get the best results, turn off any unneeded application. It will help with the overall performance of your machine. Make sure all notifications are turned off.
- Built-in mics work well for having a conversation, but they’ll disappoint in a recording. Consider using an external USB headset with mic. If you have an external webcam, it may have a microphone built into it that will provide good enough audio.
- Start Callnote and adjust the settings in Recording Options -> GoToMeeting tab. Make sure you have enable GoToMeeting recording selected. Select the record video option if you wish to have both audio and video recorded. Make sure to check off the audio device you are using in the Callnote settings tab for optimal performance.
- Join the meeting in your browser, then simply hit the Record button on the Callnote widget. This will start capturing audio, video, and pictures from the screen. Callnote records your screen as you see it during the call. Pause or stop recording at any moment by clicking on the appropriate buttons.
- Callnote doesn’t have any recording time limitation, but at the same time please note that by pressing the Stop/Start button the recording will resume with a new file saved in your Library.
Once the recording is complete, the audio and video files are saved in the Callnote Library. Each side of the conversation will be saved as a separate audio track. Recorded audio is saved as mp3 files, and videos are saved as mp4, which is easy to playback on any video player. Then you can edit, manage and forward your recording or transcribe audio to text.
The GoToMeeting video call recorder offers enhanced audio and video editing tools that offer cut and trimming tools, as well as a rich selection of annotations. You can easily manage the library by adding tags, participants and posting notes to keep it organized.
A wide range of integrated Clouds makes it easy to export the recording, send it to your colleagues by email or post it on your company Dropbox account. Go to the Sharing Options Tab to set up the forwarding.
In-built automated transcription service allows transcribing your audio file to text in just a few minutes.
Try out our emotion recognition tool which can detect smiles, attention, surprise, dislike, and drowsiness. You can see the conversation’s emotional results displayed in graphical format.